Solicitors who really understand about Disqualified Directors
Did you realise that you could be banned from being a company director for at least 2 years and up to a maximum of 15 years, for breaching your duties as a director? And that this could be for just failing to keep good accounts, or making returns to Companies House.
Short of your business going entirely bust, a Directors Disqualification Order is one of the worst things that can happen to a business – in general, a Disqualification Order will prevent you from managing any company in any way – and breaching an order can result in a prison sentence!
If you think you may have a problem with a potential Directors Disqualification Order [and they are surprisingly common – a total of 16,514 directors were disqualified between 2000 and 2013]. In the most recent year for which figures are currently available (2016/17), 1214 director disqualifications were obtained, and the average period of a director’s disqualification was 5.8 years.
The vast majority of disqualification orders are made using section 6 of the Company Directors Disqualification 1986, although Disqualification Orders can also be granted under section 2 of that act following a criminal conviction relating to the company.
Prompt action by our specialist solicitors could make a world of difference to you, your family and your business. So don’t delay. Get in touch with us today.
Disqualified Directors – how we can help you
- Our solicitors can help you with drafting the right response to any initial correspondence from the Insolvency Service directly, or from their solicitors, prior to the issue of formal proceedings
- We can give you an initial view as to whether you have a potential defence to a Directors Disqualification Order
- If there is a possible defence, our team can help you fully prepare your defence and make sure that it is strenuously argued in court
- If you have no defence, we can advise and help you with negotiating a Disqualification Undertaking on the best possible terms
- In the event that neither a defence nor a Disqualification Undertaking is available, we can advise you on available mitigation and present your mitigation case in court to reduce the length of any ban
- We will advise you on the practical effect of an disqualification
Why chose us as Solicitors for your Disqualified Directors application?
- Our team are Disqualified Directors Order specialists – experienced in this highly complex area of law
- Our Solicitors provide FREE initial phone advice about Disqualified Directors Orders
- Wherever you live in England and Wales, our Solicitors can run your Disqualified Directors case –advising you and taking your instructions in person or by phone, e-mail or Skype
- Our team gets great feedback from our clients. A recent survey of over 1000 clients found 98% of those surveyed confirming they would recommend the firm to others and 95% describing our legal service as either ‘good’ or ‘excellent’
DON’T DELAY – Worried about becoming a Disqualified Director? Contact our specialists as soon as possible
Don’t leave instructing a solicitor to the last-minute – in touch with us as soon as you think you have a problem – it could make the difference from being banned from acting anywhere as a director or not.
For a FREE first phone consultation about any issues surrounding becoming a Disqualified Director , contact our specialist Solicitors now on
- FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
- Email our team by completing the contact form below for a call back